Monday, October 5, 2009

Absence makes the Vodka Sweeter


Dear Vodka,
Please be in my soup tonight.
Love, Me

The key to a happy marriage …Separation. Ok, ok, settle down, I’m not talking about divorce . I’m talking more along the lines of say… golfing, catching a game or stopping by Bob’s for some beer and fishing with the boys. My vodka supplier found himself with the day off today. Of which I replied, “Where’d the vodka bottle go?” "That’s great honey!" It’s not that I don’t enjoy spending time with the vodka supplier; it’s just that I had so many things I wanted to accomplish today. Alone. Such as not hearing anyone talk.



It has been unscientifically proven that we I have more interest in our my spouse if we spend time apart. Absence makes the heart grow fonder, you say. This just means that the time away from your Vodka supplier, makes you love that Vodka supplier even more. It's proven, birth rates increase after veterans of war have returned home, and there is reason for celebratory vodka drinking when sailors return from sea. Now, I'm not suggesting the vodka supplier run off and join the military, like Stu. I'm just saying spending to much time together can cause you to feel like holding a pillow over your sleeping spouse's head smothered. Separation gives us time to work on ourselves, drink vodka with friends and do things that interest us and also makes us more interesting as people and that, in turn, makes drinking vodka together also more interesting.

8 comments:

  1. I agree with this post!! Everyone needs some alone time...well to he honest some perfect margarita time with the girls or golf with the boys! Thanks for stopping by my blog!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great post. I love the way you wrote it. Also have to agree with it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hiya from SITS!

    True words! :) Nothing like a little me-time. I personally cannot dig couples who seem to be attached at the hips! Hahaha! :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. Like your blog, you made me laugh. :-)
    Here from SITS.

    ReplyDelete
  5. oh boy... seems like you really need a break...or vodka...whichever comes first:)))
    Happy Wednesday!

    *stopping by from SITS

    ReplyDelete
  6. LOL, what are you going to do when your vodka supplier retires? That will be a heck of alot of time together then.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Too many hats...
    Yikes! I may have to look into getting a Rum supplier also....lol
    Thanks all for reading!
    Cheers!
    C

    ReplyDelete
  8. Popped in from SITS to say hi!

    If we didn't have separate idenities, then we wouldn't be very good couples, for sure!

    ReplyDelete